“10 Ways to Get Famous”
by Michael Aaron Gallagher
Staying famous isn’t easy, but for some getting famous can be even harder. Here are some of the ways you can become a star:
1. Make a YouTube Video – If you’re looking for an easy way to get some attention, pull out your video camera and record yourself. Come up with a creative idea for a short video, or just talk about yourself. You never know how many people will be interested in seeing you in action.
2. Sign up for a Reality Show – Many people would be thrilled with even “15 minutes” of fame. If you want your shot at stardom, why not sign up for a reality show? Here are some shows you might want to try. I have provided the links for you, so you can learn more about the application process.
3. Go to an Audition – Want to be on TV or in the movies? Hollywood isn’t coming to you. Try finding local auditions for films being shot in your area. If that doesn’t work, make the trip to New York or L.A. to attend open casting calls.
4. Record a Demo – Can you sing? Do you write music? If so, put together a few of your favorite songs and have a local recording studio mix the tracks for you. Once you have a good demo, you can send it out and begin promoting your music to radio stations and record companies.
5. Become a Newsmaker – You don’t have to sing, act, or dance to become famous. There are many other ways to enjoy the spotlight. If you want to be a local celebrity, you’ve got to make the news. So do something newsworthy. If you’re an expert on something, find the local reporters who cover that subject and introduce yourself. You never know when they may call you to do an interview for a story they’re working on.
6. Go on the Radio – I remember the first time I was alone on the radio. It was a summer high school internship with a local station and I wanted to be a disc jockey. At midnight the shift started and the red light came on. I froze for the first few seconds, as I stared at a partial script, not sure what to say. When I finally spoke, I found that it was just like talking to your friends, and it was smooth sailing after that. Being on the radio is a great experience and it’s a lot of fun too.
7. Get Connected – If you want to be famous, you have to be connected. And that means, knowing a lot of people. Get out your address book and start taking notes. Meet people, mingle, and seek out the “movers and shakers.”
8. Become a Politician – Do you yell at the television set, when you hear about the latest political scandal? Are you convinced that you could do a better job? Chances are you’re reading this article in a democratic country. If so, why not try becoming involved in politics. Contact your local party office and see how you can help the current campaign. If you eventually run for office, not only will you become famous, but you’ll also be able to implement your ideas and make a difference in the world.
9. Develop Your Talent – Whatever your skill is, there’s always room for improvement. Become a master of your trade. If you’re the best at what you do, you will attract fans.
10. Be Original – Don’t spend time copying what everyone else is doing. Come up with your own personality and style. The truth is everyone is famous. You have the potential within you to become something great, you just need to embrace that and find out how to let it shine.
Thanks for reading “10 Ways to Get Famous.” I hope it helps inspire you to try something new and adventurous. Be sure to let me know how you do. I’d love to interview you someday, when you make it to the top.
“10 Ways to Get Famous”
Copyright © 2008 by Michael Aaron Gallagher
Photograph: Courtesy of StayFamous.Net Model Amy
To request permission to use excerpts from “Stay Famous by Michael Aaron Gallagher” or to quote StayFamous.Net on television or in print please contact Manhattan Public Relations.
Media Contact: Michael Aaron Gallagher